To all the parents in Blog World, do your kids attend public schools like mine? Some that do..is it time of the year for Charity funds and selling different stuff yet? Last week, Roan came home with this catalog of all different Christmas designs kitchen wares, assorted chocolate flavored nuts, Christmas gift wrapping items. I am so glad that we only have 1 child that brought home this catalog. Dan is in high school I guess, they don’t do this anymore.

I looked at the items from the Catalog and they are not cheap. Who would I sell it to? All our friends have kids that go to the same school, or most have catalogs of their own. Hmp! Will I end up buying at least 20 dollars worth of stuff so that my son gets the plastic spider as a price for the kids who sold 20 dollars and up.

I can’t knock on my neighbors doors and show them the catalog..I don’t have Girl scout uniform and I don’t have cookies to sell. At least cookies are $2/box..A little cheaper, and once the girls give their puppy eyes and pouty lips, people won’t refuse to buy. But..what I have is a catalog of items that the cheapest is $7 and it’s potato peeler with Santa Claus as a handle, hehehe…seasonal kitchen ware huh..

Hmmm..let me think, my neighbor on our left side is an old lady who has a big swimming pool that didn’t invite us all summer (the nerve!)she’s the one who, my husband called 911 for.. on the right side , older couple as well, that our only communication is wave at each other when we both happen to be outside when checking our mail boxes or when they are mowing their lawn. Neighbor across the street, old couple as well and they are not that sociable, and behind us, older couple (the woman sits on a wheelchair..) Wait, there’s another neighbor at the corner of the street, middle aged woman, who by the way has 2 dogs that bark at us when we take Roan to the bus stop..Nope, I won’t get my butt bit by dogs just to sell chocolate.

Wahhhh, from this year forward, I will be receiving catalogs from school..up until Alexandra graduates from 5th grade…9 more years…I need to save all my change so I can be ready for the next school years, I will just buy stuff from my kids’ catalog so that they can get plastic lizard maybe or some stickers..Hay buhay!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Responses to “SCHOOL CHARITY…IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN..”

• Juliet says:

I liked reading your post I wish I was as smart as you. our neighbors are the same go to your pilina friends and sell them stuff. That is what my other friends do here. Anyway, thank you for always visiting me Liz you are very nice.

• Mommy Liz says:

Hi Juliet, I love reading your posts as well. I love looking at your children’s pictures..I want to see how they grow up. And you are smart too, your posts are as interesting as mine..I will try my other friends (but, Filipinas are cheap like me, hehehe.)Take care of them babies..See yah next time..

• Cecile says:

sure we can link ex, will add you and you add me, sound good?

• Cecile says:

liza, done adding you na :-) thanks for your friendship and for being nice :-) see you around! sana vote ka sa amin ni Juliet, life is good ang sa akin, si juliet sa my angels world, salamat, you can vote multiple so just click both our boxes before clicking the vote :-)

• HappyHelen says:

hi liz,nice post. not having kids as of this time spare me lots of unnecessary headaches, like school charities(?) lol. well, look @ the positive side…if you buy 3 santa claus peelers, roan gets his toy & u will have presents to your friends…or u can keep them and use a new one every christmas. j/k. i'm not helping you, ain't i? lol. (i'm a self-proclaimed kuripot). ur humorous…you just made my day. oh, & i added u in my links. have a great day!

• Mommy Liz says:

*** Hi Cecile, OK..I will vote for you and Juliet..Thanks for adding me as well..I will see you again..Take care. Liz*** Hi Happyhelen, Thanks for the visit..I am glad you find my post humorous. I love reading yours too, that reminds me, I haven’t been on your site in a while..Just so you know, you’re not the only Kuripot here, I go to Goodwill to shop..You can read my post Ukay Ukay sa America..Enjoy your married life while you can, once kids start to pop, hahaha..you will find out what I mean…I guess, I will buy some gift wrapping papers and chocolates from Roan’s catalog..bka di ko maipangbalat ng potato ang $7 na peeler…sayang, baka madumihan…hehehe..

• eds says:

Hehe.. im so blessed to have a sociable neighbors then. Here in UK especially in Cemaes where I live everyone exchanges hi’s and hello’s even if your not acquainted with each other. When you buy something to the shops or riding in the bus, whether you know the driver or not, everyones says “Thank you”or “you ok?”. I just love the place where I am. Its just shame that I dont have filipina neighbor where I can invite for a videoke night even once a month! Lol! Anyway, most of the moms here are right. look at the positive side! :p

• Mommy Liz says:

hi EDS, I guess, it’s just my luck to have these older neighbors, and maybe my nature (quiet and demure, shucks!!!!)doesn’t help either.Friendly din naman mga tao dito, they’re just not my age group. and I don’t want to go and talk to them about World War II. Hehehe, kapag nalalaman ng mga Veteran na ako eh taga Pinas, sus..katakot takot na kwnto about gyera ang nadidinig ko, feeling ko tuloy mukha akong canyon!!!Sus ginoo.. Stay warm and see you again..