Archive for September, 2009
I was just doing my once in a blue moon blog hopping, and I happened to stop by at NIKO’s site and as I came down to the bottom of her entry, I saw my name being tagged. She knows that I won’t refuse to do tags when it comes to me and my sweetie. So, hopefully I would be able to answer all these questions to the best of my ability and with all honesty..
What are your middle names?
~Mine is LIZA and his is RODNEY.
How long have you been together?
~7 years and 7 months.
How long did you know each other before you started dating?
~couple of months.
Who asked whom out?
~He came to visit me of course.
How old are each of you?
~I am 38 yrs and 6 mos. He’s 36 yrs and 10 mos.
Whose siblings do you see the most?
~ His, since mine are in the Philippines.
Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
~Actually nothing. We’re used to being poor, hahahaha! We don’t fight, so..
Did you go to the same school?
Are you from the same home town?
~Not at all. I am from the Philippines, and did I mention he’s white? From US of A..
Who is smarter?
~We are both smart in our own ways, but he loves Math and I am the opposite.
Who is more sensitive?
Where do you eat out most as a couple?
~Golden Phoenix, it’s a Chinese Buffet.
Who has the crazier exes?
~What was the question? I thought it’s about me and him, hehehe. He has crazier ex..ehehehe..
Who has the worse temper?
~I get annoyed easier. He has a big patience..
Who does the cooking?
Who is the neat-freak?
~I am not a neat freak, but I can’t stand mess.
Who is more stubborn?
~He definitely is the winner.
Who hogs the bed?
~He does and Wrozlie, I move out of the room every night..
Who wakes up earlier?
~He does, and he wakes me up to make his lunch.
Who is more jealous?
How long did it take to get serious?
~Serious about what? be more specific please.
Who eats more?
~I do, hehehe
Who does the laundry?
Who’s better with the computer?
~He is my computer wiz…
Who drives when you are together?
~He does all the time, he doesn’t trust my driving..
Now I am tagging whoever visits my blog..Tag kayong lahat!!!!!
Kinopya ko lang po itong video na to sa cousin kong si Edna at Maraming salamat kay Glenn Omanio sa pag compile nitong video footage na ito.
I would like to post in Tagalog for this entry, kasi parang mas feel ko ang mga words. Sunday morning ng mag open ako ng Facebook at makita ko ang post in Ednaleen ng Life Away From HOME, meron siyang video na naka post. Kaya naman, I opened it instantly at ang bumulaga sa akin ay ang mga inaagos na mga sasakyan habang naka park, or siguro habang umaandar pa. I felt like ang ulo ko eh biglang namaga, ang balahibo ko ay tumayo, at tinawag ko ang mother ko, pinapanood ko sa kanya ang video, which I made a mistake of doing so. Kala ko itatakbo ko sa Hospital , at sapo sapo ang dibdib na halos maglulundag at panay ang sabing “ Diyos ko Po, Diyos ko po, ang mga kapatid mo, ang mga kapatid mo!..” HIndi ako halos makapaniwala sa nakita ko.
Imagine mo bang inaagos ang mga van na ang bibigat kaya non, ilang toneladang metal, sukat tangayin ng tubig, gaano kalakas ang agos para tangayin ang sasakyang sobrang bigat? Kita ko ang isang taong sa bintana na lumabas para umakyat sa sa bubong ng kanyang van. Halos lahat ng post ng mga Filipino sa Facebook ay tungkol sa Bagyo. Nag research tuloy ako sa Google, at yun nga ang dami kong nabasang iba’t ibang lugar na binaha. Mga taong namatay, at iba pang nawawala. Bigla kong text ang kapatid ko sa Caloocan, although mataas naman ang bahay namin dun, baka kako inagos na ng tubig at nalunod sa kanal. Pati ang kapatid ko sa Nueva Ecija. Awa ng Diyos, di naman sila binaha sa NE, at kahit ang sister ko sa Caloocan ay sinwerteng di rin inabot ng baha.
May mga kamag anak kami sa Pasig, sa ibang parte ng Caloocan, sa Navotas, sa Tondo, sa Pandacan, na hindi nag rereply sa aking text. Ang dasal ko sana di sila naapektuhan ng baha. Panay ang tanong sa akin ng mother ko kung nagsipag reply na sila, sabi ko hindi pa, at di ko alam kung bakit. Nararamdaman daw niya na may kamag anak kaming binaha, ang mother ko kapag may nangyayari sa mga relatives niya, para bang nararamdaman niya. Sabi ko,e h wala pa tayong balita, kaya wag ka munang atakehin dyan..
Ano ang nangyari sa bansa natin? Sino ang may kasalanan sa baha? Ang mga pulitiko ba? May napanood ako sa youtube na isang video, at ang sinisisi eh ang administration ni Bush? Hehehe, ano kaya ang kinalaman ni Bush sa baha sa Pinas? Eh si Obama na ang Presidente ng US ngayon. Sana sa mga blog friends kong nakatira sa Manila, I do hope na hindi kau naapektuhan ng baha at ng bagyo, kasama na rin ang inyong mga mahal sa buhay.
Ipagdasal po natin na sana eh wag na muling mangyari ang ganitong trahedya dahil masyadong nakakalungkot. Paano na ang mga taong nawalan ng bahay, nawalan ng buhay. San na titira ang mga kababayan natin? Kailangan nila ang tulong ng gobyerno, ng tulong natin kung meron tayong maitutulong..
Peachy of Blowing Peachkisses passed this award to me, thanks a lot Peachy..
Here’s the rules: before you put the link, you must remove the participant number 1 from the list. So that all participants up 1 level. Who was number 2 become number 1, number 3 was 2, and so on. Then insert your own links at the bottom (number 10).
5. Mr. D
Wahhh, who do I pass this award too, eh lahat na yata meron ng award..
Whoever visit my blog, please take this award, this award is for all of us!!
Thursday na? Wahhh! Time flies so fast. Girls Talk na uli? Hehehe..
Mare ko, baka after this eh magkaroon ng war, Men vs. WoMen!!!!
First of di ba dapat eh “Things Women can do that Men refuse to do?” Hehehe. Anyways, let me think of few things that we can do that Men can never do.
Of course, the very first thing is having period every month, and child bearing, and most importantly, the labor pains. (to those who have had CS and didn’t know how painful labor pain was, it’s extremely and deathly painful.)
Second…hmmm..Women can shop together and try on clothes in the same fitting room without having the sales lady raising her eyebrows. I don’t think Men can do that.. unless, they are not men as they claim they are .
Third, we, women can stay at the shoe section and try on hundreds of shoes without getting exhausted, and I believe men will just try a pair on and if it fits, they go home..
Fourth, While women drive, they can put on their make up, mascara, blush on and eye liners, when the car stops at a stop light, but Men, will never ever do that.
The gossiping can also be done by men, but..the adding more stuff to it, getting it more exaggerated and making a big deal out of it is a women thing, hahaha! (Mamaya may nag aaway na)
The household chores that normally women do? Actually, Men can do it to, but, they always say, they make the money, so their job is to go out and work hard as they could. So I guess, women are better off staying at the house to do the multi tasking that Peachy of Blowing Peachkisses was talking about.
What about you? Can you think of anything else that Women can do and Men cannot? If you do, share it with us, go to my Kumareng Niko’s Girl’s Rule and join us and let’s hear Yah!!!! Have a great Thrusday to all!!!!
My Kumareng Niko created a Meme for her blog (one of her 5 Blogs) and she, of course invited me to join, and because I love her, here I am sharing my most kept secrets.. Anyways, I hope that you will be able to visit her blog(s) too and you can join us having this “US GIRLS” moments with her.
Why you love being a girl?
Because a girl can spend endless hours going to the mall and end up buying load of stuff that she doesn’t need? Hehehe, this is just one of the reasons….
1. I love being me ,for the fact that I am naturally good hearted person. I might not be the best daughter, but I did my share of being the best I can be. I love being a sister to my siblings and I do the best I can to help them out, same as I love being an aunt to my nieces and nephew and being a niece and etc, etc. But most importantly, I love being a wife to my husband because, he gives me anything that I want as long as it can be done, and just the same, I love being a mom to my children for I can love them forever ,unconditionally. Yup, that explains it all..I love being Me!!
2. I get excited when I hear someone got engaged (it’s a girl thing) or someone is pregnant (it’s a mommy thing) and I can help with all the preparation, hehehe…
3. I cry when my kids do something amazing , or when I see something on the news about kids being killed or being abused. (I guess it’s my Mommy intuition) When I watch movies, and it’s so touching, I cry too, even when the movie is not even drama, I cry, you know, tears of joy..Girls definitely do that…
4. Girls or women have advantages when we go out. Inside the bus or train, there are (still)some gentlemen that will give up their seats for us. When bad thing is about to happen, even a bad person will say “ Be thankful, you’re a woman” and I guess, being a woman is really a blessing. And when we have our moments, we have excuse, it’s PMS days and we will be understood. And if we keep changing our minds about deciding on something, hehehe, we can say “ I am a woman, I am fickle minded, it’s my nature” then we will be tolerated..
5. I love being Me, for I can cook whatever I want and my family won’t complain, wahahahaha!.
How about you? Why do you love being a girl? Simply answer the question, put the badge in your post and join the fun of reading different girly opinions!
Here are the rest of my Kumareng Niko’s Blogsites.
I hope that you will join her on her Meme too for it’s fun. Have a great day to all..
I am glad that Monday was over. First of, I had to take Roan to an Urgent Care clinic, it’s a walk- in clinic where you can get an immediate medical attention (cheaper than going to ER) since he woke up with sore throat and harsh voice with horsey sound cough. When one of my kids sounds like that, he/she would need a doctor. 730AM, I drove him to an Urgent Care clinic, it was raining so hard that I can’t see the road, I got lost so many times looking for the place, and finally, I found it, and it was right there at the mall. Whew! Anyways, he ended up having a Bronchitis and Strep throat..Fortunately, he didn’t have fever, so his Strep wasn’t as contagious as when he runs a fever. But, he still needed to stay away from his sisters. He already missed 4 days of school, but I called the school and they said, he can be excused.
Second, I had to take my mom to her “Apply for free clinic” appointment at 11AM that same day. And, I have 3 kids at home, so how am I going to do all these things, I am just 1 person. The last source was to call my hubby and if he can get off work to watch the kids while I take my mom to her appointment. And I was so glad he did. He watched Roan and Wrozlie while I took my mom and Alex to this clinic. And we waited and waited, and she ended up being declined. Why? Rodney makes more because he worked OT those weeks ( I had to present 2 of his paystubs.) For my mom to be qualified for free clinic, Rodney has to make not more than $5500.00 a month. With the OT that he had, my mom got declined. They told us to come back when I can present a paystub without OT pay. Hmmm, I always ask my hubby to work OT so we can make ends meet. Sometimes, I feel that this State has discrimination against minorities. I guess, when your are disappointed, you can be paranoid.
All day yesterday, I wasn’t able to eat, I was so stressed on how to be able to get my mom free medicine for her Diabetes, High blood pressure and High cholesterol. Been looking online for an affordable health insurance for her, but because of her condition, it will cost a lot of money, our phone was ringing off the hook (I was looking for a quote from insurance companies, big mistake) and the more I got stressed. Anyways, I can find a way.. I know I can.
I hope that you all have a great week, and Have a wonderful day…
My Kumpareng YOBIB tagged me with this one, and because it’s his first time tagging me, I will give in to him, hehehe…It’s Okay Pare ko, for my love to you and my Mareng Niko and of course to Yena baby…
I guess, it’s all about me, myself and I…. Here it goes..
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:01AM
2. How do you like your steak.. Medium Rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Espiritista, 2005? Philippines
4. What is your favorite TV show? HOUSE, now Golden Girls (although they reruns, still great comedy sitcom)
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Where I am closer to my family in the Philippines and my family here in the US. Is there such a place?
6. What did you have for breakfast? BRUNCH- Beef with broccoli, lomein and rice
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Pilipino and Chinese
8. What foods do you dislike? Food that my hubby eats sometimes, chili with mayonnaise and grated cheese (yukkk!)
9. Favorite place to eat? here next to my laptop, hehehe…
10. Favorite dressing? Thousand Island
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Honda Civic for now, malapit ng mamaalam, wohoo!
12. What are your favorite clothes? t-shirt and pants
13. Where would you go visit if given the chance..always Philippines
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Ano ba ang tanong dito?
15. Where would you want to retire? Ay sus, I am still too young to think about that, pwede bang sa kama ng salapi?
16. Favorite time of day? None, wahhahaha!
17. Where were you born? Guimba, Nueva Ecija
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Not fond of any
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? Naku eh ewan ko ha…
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? Not quite certain.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Not sure who to tag pa eh
22. Bird watcher? Yoko nga, malaglagan pa ko ng ebak.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? it depends
24. Do you have any pets? I have so many kids already, no need no more.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? My hubby might get promoted (I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one)
26. What did you want to be when you were little? Honestly, Kabiselya sa taniman..Hehe
27. What is your best childhood memory? When we needed to evacuate at the Municipal Hall during typhoons..
29. Are you married? Yes
30. Always wear your seat belt? Before I even start my car.
31. Been in a car accident? Nope, thanks God, I am a cautious driver
32. Any pet peeves? Sabi na ngang wala akong alagang peeves eh..
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Not fond of America’s favorite Fat Pill
34. Favorite Flower? Roses from my hubby
35. Favorite ice cream? Cookies and Cream
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? No more, kc High Blood ako, wahhhh!
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? 1 time
38. From whom did you get your last email? I can’t recall anymore, coz it got deleted instantly.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Nothing to max out now, they’re all crushed into little itty bitty pieces.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Nothing really special, just when I thought of going out, I will drive and get home with bunch of groceries, hehehe.
41. Like your job? Why wouldn’t I like my job? I cook, I clean, I do laundry, do the dishes, I take care of my kids and husband,wahhhhh! and I don’t get a pay, not even a stub..bhuhuhu!
42. Broccoli? Yummmm
43. What was your favorite vacation? The ones spent with family..
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? My hubby, 2 weeks ago, we ate out without the kids, wohoo! doesn’t happen a lot. Got the kids Mickey D though.
45. What are you listening to right now? My kids having argument about what tape to watch.
46. What is your favorite color? Black, Gray, Navy blue
47. How many tattoos do you have? Zero
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? I don’t know
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 246pm
50. Coffee drinker? Only in the morning.
Thanks to all who made it to the very bottom. Hehehe! Yan Pareng Yobib, ginawa ko na ang tag mo, humanda ka sa akin next time..
Wahhhhhh! I almost collapsed when I seen my child holding a pair of school scissors, standing on her potty chair in front of the mirror in their bathroom. I was on my way to their bedroom to put away some clothes when I noticed the bathroom lights were on, and looked and there she was, bangs were unevenly cut and was planning to cut the rest of her hair.. And when I asked her “Why did you cut your hair?” she just simply said “ It’s OK, it will grow back” That made me realize, I have a very smart child in front of me…
Be careful with all of your cutting materials, especially when you have toddlers around your house. Have a great day to all!
I browsed at my friend Pehpot’s Blogsite and this is what was on her latest entry. She’s looking for an input on Tubal Ligation Vs. Birth Control. Can we help her think on which “No More Kids” way so she can study and finalize her decision before her baby pops out?
These are my answers to her questions…
Why did you decide to undergo Tubal Ligation? Because my husband didn’t want to have Vasectomy and I don’t want to have anymore kids.
What is it that finalized your decision? To make sure I won’t get pregnant anymore and that way we can enjoy our S—Life before we get old..
Did you have Tubal Ligation after delivery or you just had it? My OB recommended to have the Tubal Ligation right after delivery while I had Epidural needle in my back, that way I didn’t have to get poked again, which turned out very convenient.
How was it after the anesthesia wears down? How about days after? It was hurting a little bit after the anesthesia wore out, but I can handle labor pains, so I was able to handle anything. Just the thought of no more kids for me made me feel better already. The healing process was alright, can’t walk very fast, but after a week, I was fine and dandy. It was the pushing that gave me muscle pain in my belly and pelvic bone.
How was it 6 months after? Did you feel any changes in your body? How about your sexual desire? I didn’t have period for 5 mos, due to Breastfeeding. My sexual desires remained the same, not wanting it everynight, hahaha! It made my menstrual cycle very regular. (28 day cycle)
How was it years after? So far, it’s working great for me.
Did you feel any regret after all these years? Do you think it was worth it? If given a chance will you undergo Tubal Ligation Reversal? I never felt any regret, If given the chance, I will do it again. For me, it was worth it.
Will you recommended it to other Moms? If not do you have any suggestion on birth control? Because it’s a first hand experience, I will recommend it to other Moms who are planning on not having anymore kids. To those who are just wanting to not have kids soon, birth control would be great.
NOTE: Every woman is different, hormone wise..whatever works great for others might not work with other women. My best suggestion is, talk with your OB and she knows what is best for you. Talk with your spouses too, and see what you would come up with. For me, you cannot be on birth control forever, (it might harm your uterus though) and at age 45, it’s very unlikely that you will still get pregnant, so..it’s your CHOICE..
Wahhhhhh! I went to the doctor’s office yesterday (Sept.2) for a probable bladder infection and what did I find out? I have a Hypertension, 149/98 was my BP. I was surprised, since, I never had that BP as high as that. Every time I visited my doctor’s office before, I always had a 100/70 blood pressure.
I am not to eat anything with salt for 1 week, and I bought me a BP machine, I had to monitor my BP and write it down and bring it to the doctor next week. No wonder I was feeling dizzy and having blurred vision lately, numb back neck and thought I was having anxiety attack. I guess, I got so stressed out playing Farmtown, Farmville, Farm Pals, BarnYard, Lil Farm and Restaurant City. Gosh, I don’t know of any other reason why I would have this Hypertension. Aside from lack of sleep, eating so much Bagoong Alamang (Barrio Fiesta brand) So, here’s the price that I have to pay. No Fastfood either. Well, I am not really into Fastfood anyways. But, no Bagoong, Patis nor Salt? You must be kidding me. Those seasonings are my life. My doctor told me to buy Mrs Dash seasoning.Hmp! Well, let’s see. Hopefully, it will pass. I will have to stop playing most of my games though and I guess, take it easy on sodium intake. If my BP measurements don’t change in a week, I will be on medication to keep it low.
Have a great day to all…